Sunday, August 22, 2010

Migraines Blow

I found myself feeling very sympathetic about the recent stories of Percy Harvin, Minnesota Viking WR (former UF all everything), because he has been suffering with some very debilitating migraines during this pre-season. Harvin has suffered with migraines since he was 10 years old. They have continued to plague him through his college and now professional playing days. Most recently he collapsed at practice and an ambulance had to be called because his pain was so bad. Like Harvin I too have suffered with migraines through the better part of my life. Although, from the stories that I hear they do not sound quite as bad nor as frequent as he gets them. When I was younger I would get them probably 2 times per week. I went through many tests and nothing was ever found out to be the cause of them. Within the past 8 years they have become significantly less frequent, maybe 6 really bad ones a year.

I have always liked Percy Harvin even though he cause UF over FSU about 8 years ago. He is an outstanding football player and it is tough to see the pain that he goes through in his battle with migraines. Some people say to suck it up, it is only a headache. Well these people have never had a migraine. It is a very crippling pain and you just went to curl up in a dark place and cry. Not everyone suffers with them and if you don't you should consider yourself lucky.

1 comment: