Friday, May 22, 2009

Sports Talk Radio

I don't know about a lot of people but I really enjoy my sports talk radio. It helps pass the time in the car and always gives something new to think about. However, I find myself less and less in my car from day to day around town...which means my sports talk radio car time is very valuable. I remember the days of going to school, waiting for a parking spot, killing time and feeding my sports knowledge with the likes of ESPN radio and local FSU coverage. Fast forward to present day where there is no longer ESPN radio in town and local coverage is on at a time where I am away from the radio.

Now I am forced to listen to the Jim Rome "In the Jungle" program when I am in the car. After observing this program for about six months, I am not sure where the sports comes into play and where the insight comes from. He is always reading e-mails from listeners who sign some famous sport's name after blurting some stupid banter. It is mind-blowing that this guy has been around for so long and even has a television show. (I find myself admiring Jim Everett from 10 years ago for tackling him just for being his regular self.) I would say if you never heard him before to tune in, but wait. That would be stupid because it would help his ratings. Take it from me, if you enjoy real sports information and updates then do not listen to Jim Rome, it might just lower some IQ points.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, in Tampa Jim Rome is head and shoulders above most other sports talk radio programs - it's unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. He is more talking points/commentary than he his "sports news/stats" and opinions thereof.

    ReplyDelete